Live Offerings - Saturday, November 22, 2008 - PART I
Starting at Noon EST:
- Sveriges Radio P2 - Live from Goteborg opera, Puccini's La Boheme, with Helena Juntunen, Rodolfo - Bülent Bezdüz, Fredrik Zetterström, Henriikka Gröndahl, Markus Schwartz and Kosma Ranuer, conducted by Pietro Rizzi.
- BBC 3 - Live from the Royal Opera House, Covent Garden, Rossini's Matilde di Shabran, with Juan Diego Florez, Carlo Lepore, Marco Vinco, Alfonso Antoniozzi, Vesselina Kasarova, Enkelejda Shkosa, Bryan Secombe, Mark Beesley and Robert Anthony Gardiner, conducted by Carlo Rizzi.
- CBC Two - A Puccini double bill: From Teatro San Carlo in Naples, Turandot, with Andrea Gruber, Marco Spotti, Fabio Armiliato, Aldo Bottion, Norah Amsellem, Giorgio Caoduro, Aldo Orsolini, Stefano Pisani and Andrea Porta, condcuted by Pinchas Steinberg; and from Opera Australia, Gianni Schicchi, with Jonathan Summers, Hye Seoung Kwon, Henry Choo, Elizabeth Campbell, Graeme Macfarlane, Teresa La Rocca, Daniel Verschuer, Shane Lowrencev, Stephen Bennett, Luke Gabbedy, Sharon Prero, Richard Alexander, Andrew Moran, Tom Hamilton and Jonathan McCauley, conducted by Andrea Licata.
- Deutschlandradio Kultur - From Teatro Regio in Turin, an October 9th performance of Cherubini's Medea, with Anna Caterina Antonacci,
- Giuseppe Sabbatici, Sara Mingardo, Giovanni Battista Parodi, Cinzia Forte, Erika Grimaldi and Diego Matamoros, conducted by Evelino Pidò.
- DR P2 & Dwojke Polskie Radio - Live from English National Opera, Berstein's Candide, with oby Spence, Alex Jennings, Marnie Breckenridge, Beverley Klein and Mairéad Buicke, conducted by Rumon Gamba.
- Espace Musique - From l'Opéra de Montréal, Bizet's Les pêcheurs de perles, with Karina Gauvin, Antonio Figueroa, Philip Addis and Alexandre Sylvestre, conducted by Frédéric Chaslin.
- KBYU - From this past summer's Bayreuth Festival, Wagner's Tristan und Isolde.
- Radio 4 Netherlands - From Nationale Reisopera, Jeths's Hôtel de Pékin, with Marie Angel, Dennis Wilgenhof, Mattijs van de Woerd and Zhang Huiyong, conducted by Ed Spanjaard.
- Radio Clasica de Espana - From La Scala in Milan, last season's Opening Night performance of Verdi's Aida, with Violeta Urmana, Roberto Alagna, Ildiko KomLosy and Carlo Guelfi, conducted by Riccardo Chailly.
- RTP Antena 2 - From the Opera Comique in Paris, a March 15, 2008 performance of Hérold's Zampa, with Patrícia Petibon, Doris Lamprecht, Richard Troxell, Bernard Richter, Leonard Pezzino and Vincent Ordonneau, conducted by William Christie.
- VPR Classical - An historic broadcast from Kungliga Teatern in Stockholm, an August 29, 1939 performance of Verdi's La Traviata, with Jussi Björling, Hjördis Schymberg and Conny Molin, conducted by Herbert Sandberg.
- WFMT Opera Series (numerous stations) - A double bill from Houston Grand Opera: Heggie's Last Acts (Three Decembers), with Frederica von Stade, Kristin Clayton, Keith Phares; and the World Premier of Theofanidis' The Refuge, with Albina Shagimuratova, Faith Sherman, Jamie Barton, Beau Gibson, Liam Bonner, Ryan McKinny, Philip Evbomoen, both works conducted by Patrick Summers.
- WQXR & XLNC1 - From the WFMT Opera Series, a performance from Houston Grand Opera of Britten,s Billy Budd, with Andrew Kennedy, David Brooks Horn, Tommy Ajai George, Ryan McKinny, Richard Sutliff, Philip Cutlip, Beau Gibson, Chad Freeburg, Rodell Rosel, Liam Bonner, Jeremy Galyon, Phillip Ens, Joseph Evans, Wesley Landry, Daniel Belcher, James J. Kee, Gwynne Howell and David Ziemnicki, conducted by Patrick Summers.
- Bartok Radio - From Munich, an October 2nd performance of Verdi's Macbeth, with Zeljko Lucic, Roberto Scandiuzzi, Nadja Michael, Dimitri Pittas, Fabrizio Mercurio, Lana Kos, Steven Humes, Rüdiger Trebes and Christian Rieger, conducted by Nicola Luisotti.
- France Musique - Live from Théâtre des Champs-Elysées in Paris, Mozart's Cosi Fan Tutte, with Veronica Cangemi, Rinat Shaham, Paolo Fanale, Luca Pisaroni, Pietro Spagnoli and Yaël Azzaretti, conducted by Jean-Christophe Spinosi.
- NPR World of Opera - From Washington National Opera, Strauss's Elektra, with Susan Bullock, Christine Goerke, Irina Mishua, Daniel Sumegi and Alan Woodrow, conducted by Heinz Fricke.
- Lyric FM - Opera Ireland's production of Britten's A Midsummer Night's Dream, with Philip O'Reilly, Imelda Drumm, conducted by Stewart Robinson.