Saturday,. July 5, Part 2
And now a look at tht live stuff starting at 1:30PM EDT and beyond:
- Sveriges Radio P2 - From Opéra-comique in Paris, a march 15th performance of Ferdinand Hérold's Zampa, with Richard Troxell, Bernard Richter, Patricia Petitbon, Doris Lamprecht and Vincent Ordonneau, conducted by William Christie.
- BBC Radio 3 - From the Royal Opera House, Covent Garden, Mozart's Le Nozze di Figaro, with Ildebrando D'Arcangelo, Aleksandra Kurzak, Peter Mattei, Barbara Frittoli, Anna Bonitatibus, Ann Murray, Robert Lloyd, Robin Leggate, Harry Nicoll, Kishani Jayasinghe and Donald Maxwell, conducted by Charles Mackerras.
- NPR World of Opera - From Washington National Opera, a rebroadcast of Gershwin's Porgy and Bess, with Gordon Hawkins, Indira Mahajan, Terry Cook, Angela Simpson, Laquita Mitchell, Marietta Simpson, Eric Greene and Jermaine Smith, conducted by Wayne Marshall.
- KBYU - From Utah Festival Opera, a 2006 performance of Mozart's Marriage of Figaro, with Darrell Babidge, Kara Shay Thomson, Kristopher Irmiter, Suzanne Woods, Sarah Austin, Vanessa Schukis, David Barron, Isai Jess Munoz, Venetia-Maria Stelliou, Nathan Anthony and David Bailey, conducted by Barbara Day Turner.
- KSUI, WFIU, WOI-FM & WRTI - per their schedule listings, these stations will be starting the WFMT Opera Series Fidelio at 1:30 EDT.
- Radio Oesterreich International - From Teatro Lirico, Cagliari, an April 24th performance of Rimsky-Korsakov's The Legend of the Invisible City of Kitesh, with Mikhail Kazakov, Vitaly Panfilov, Tatiana Monogarova and Mikhail Gubsky, conducted by Alexander Vedernikov.
- WCNY - also broadcasting the Metropolitan Opera National Council Auditions finals concert.
- France Musique - Live, direct from the International Festival of Baroque Opera in Beaune, a performance of Scarlatti's Ottavia ou le trône retrouvé (Création en première française), with Yolanda Auyanet, Filippo Minaccia, Maria Grazia Schiavo, Maria Ercolano, Valentina Varriale, Giuseppe de Vittorio and Paolo Lopez, conducted by Antonio Florio.
- Radio Tre (RAI) - From Teatro Comunale di Ferrara, a May 25th performance of Vivaldi's Motezuma, with Vito Priante, Mary-Ellen Nesi, Laura Chierici, Franziska Gottwald, Theodora Baka and Gemma Bertagnolli, conducted by Alan Curtis.
- KUAT - per their schedule page, they start their broadcast of the WFMT Opera Series Fidelio at 3:00Pm EDT
- Lyric FM - Bellini's Norma, with Edita Gruberova and Jose Cura.
- WDAV - NPR World of Opera: Verdi's La Traviata from Vienna State Opera, with Krassamira Stoyanova, Piotr Beczala, Zeljko Lucic, Sophie Marilley, Gergely Nemeti, In-Sung Sim, Eijiro Kai and Alfred Sramek, conducted by Renato Palumbo.
Labels: Saturday Operas